Thursday, October 19, 2017

Can Someone Please Stop The Calendar!!!!

It seems like I just blinked and already more than half of October has passed. Can someone please stop the calendar, or at the very least slow it down?


I have been crazy busy with author events this month, and working on the WhipCity Wordsmiths that I haven't had much time to work on the not one, but two books that I've started. My NaNo novel looms on the horizon of approaching November. With so much stress in my personal life with my husband still jobless after 20 months, our health insurance coverage ending at the end of November, the usual bills still rolling in unrelentlessly, and so on and so forth I feel like a small pat of butter spread every so thinly across a slice of bread as large as my kitchen table!


The Art&Author event during PumpkinFest went very well on the 14th. The dynamics in the author's room were amazing! Four of us are Wordsmiths and by the end of the fifth hour the fifth author had earned honorary Wordsmith membership- we all felt as if we'd known her all our lives! Connie Bombaci had written a book about her deaf dalmatian, Hogan. She brought with her her deaf dalmatian, Judea, who is also her service dog. As soon as Judea's service vest came off she was just an ordinary, beautiful dog aching to pounce on the shadows playing across beams of sunlight on the floor in the room, but there were a lot of people flowing through the room so she had to be kept on a close lead. She received an acre of attention from people of all ages and performed some tricks for us which amazed us all. It was a great day!


Next up for me is the official launch for Out, my unconventional vampire romance. It received a very nice 4-star review from an advance reader. I believe she actually got the intent of the book, which please me immensely! This is Out's second 4-star rating! I'll be discussing a little about folklore vampires and how vampires morphed into media stars thanks to authors and the movies. My book is bringing vampires back to be more in line with folklore vampires, but these are modern day vampires.


Immediately after te author event is the second official WhipCity Wordsmith's meeting. The agenda has changed several times, so I'm not really sure what will take place, but I have ten or so items in my notebook to discuss when we start.


Ghost Stories LIVE! will take place on October 28th. I wrote one new ghost story but there's a lot of B-L-O-O-D in it (Kelly doesn't do well with blood, or even the thought it, so if I choose to read this story, she's going to have to step outside until I'm done!).


Hoping to be able to get a table at a local church craft and vendor fair on November 18th to promote the seven little Christmas books- 3 stand alone novellas (A Major Production, The Red Velvet Suit, and The Winter Solstice Ball) and 4 story collections (Christ With the Family, Christmas Inspirations, Christmases Past and Christmases Present). I've been told I should write for Hallmark. These stories were written over the past 20 years for family and friends. I have no clue what this year's story will be...it'll be written in December.


It feels as if this year has flown by, like in the hurricane force winds that devastated so many places this past summer. I have so much I still want to accomplish this year...and the days are flying by!

No comments:

Post a Comment