Friday, March 31, 2017

The Vanishing Titles

The past month has been a blur of activity here at my kitchen table as I've made interior revisions to all my novels to make them look as professional as possible, now that I have more experience as a self-publishing author under my belt. While at it, I've also jazzed up the covers- adding more color, different fonts.

I've also got two new books in the works that I have proof copies of, so have been trying to read those and find where I need to fix them.

So, last night I grabbed Miss Peculiar's Ghost Stories, Volume I and started paging through it looking for a story called The Little Gray Ghost that my co-worker wants to read very badly as it's set in a cemetery. There are 16 ghost stories in this volume. I didn't find it right away so turned to the table of contents to get the page number...and noticed that there were only 13 stories listed. Three titles had mysteriously vanishing like phantoms into the whiteness of the page! The Little Gray Ghost, Cold Spots, and Prophetic Justice were gone! Not the stories, just the titles!

I paged through the entire book, found the stories and put the titles back into the table of contents, where, hopefully, they will not go missing again! I thought it was kind of a strange thing to have happen in a book full of ghost stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment