Thursday, May 26, 2016

The Big X- Watching the Clouds in he Sky

I was driving home from work tonight and as I turned up the street that leads up the mountain I live on in a sort of zigzag pattern, I happened to look up in the beautiful blue sky and there it was, a huge white X made by intersecting airplane contrails right over my house.

I was going to take a picture, but by the time I got my cellphone out of my pocketbook (it got stuck in the pocket inside) I was already too far up the mountain and there was a car behind me. I was going to circle back around but the X was dissipating...a lost opportunity.

It was one of the coolest things I've seen, lately.

The best cloud formation I personally ever saw was a witch astride a broom about to take another bite out of an apple she was holding in her left hand. It was one of those jaw dropping moments, and of course the pone was in my pocketbook in the backseat and the clouds were moving fast across the sky ahead of a storm. Kelly saw it the same time I did, but she didn't have her phone with her that afternoon.

The second coolest cloud formation was the head and long neck of a dragon with its mouth open as if roaring, complete with jagged teeth and white cloud vapor pallid like flames.

But my all time personal favorite cloud formation that I actually got a picture of was a deep gray, smoky gray and white Old English Sheepdog loping out of the clouds. A few days later amid thumbprint clouds scattered above it there was a black-faced sheep. Got a picture of that one, too.

I really need to remember to throw the camera in the car- I'm missing some good stuff up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment