Friday, May 20, 2016

A Twisted Plot

I've been busy working on a new novel (fantasy/magic/romance). I'm about to start chapter 9 and so far there is much more going on than the main characters know, some surprising plot twists popping up out of the blue. I never know what's going to happen so even I have to wait to see how this all plays out!

This week was rather gloomy with bad news for John who still job hunting after having his job of 32-plus years simply eliminated (along with 339 co-workers whose jobs also disappeared at the same time). For nearly three months he's been searching for a comparable new job but his skills are primarily unique to the company that let him go. It has not been easy for him because his job was his life.

Meanwhile, Kelly's been actively job searching after being passed over for a job where she's been working as a contracted employee for over two years. She's had a series of interviews, including one push from Wednesday to Tuesday at the company she's at now. She had her last series of interviews at Smith & Wesson today and when she got home she found a very nice job offer with sign on bonus from the company she's been working at. So that was a nice ray of sunshine to end her week of interviews.

And this evening an old friend from my LEGO days (we were both 3rd shift injection mold machine operators) requested me to friend her on facebook, which I did. And then I found an email from her when I checked my personal email tonight. I'd been thinking about her recently, wondering what she's been up to. It'll be nice to reconnect with her.

And now I'm off to see what Ivy's father turns out to be- because she's just come to a startling realization at the end of chapter eight...I just don't know what's going to happen next until I get back into the writing zone and start typing!

No comments:

Post a Comment