Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sitting Under the Gloom Tree

I feel like I'm sitting in the shadow of the gloom tree.

There is a lot going on in my life right now that is stressing me and making me unhappy. I struggled to put together the magazine I've done for the past ten years when I had no motivation to do it. It's done as of today but it is not my best effort and a huge disappointment, but part of that is because no one contributed this year and it was a huge struggle to work with what I had and make it good. I'm burned out and resigning as editor in April.

Usually I can sit at the computer and stories just flow out of me. I have two novels mostly written and a third started...and I sit here and cannot think.

There's just too much shadowing me...and my happy place is across a wide canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment