Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Frustration

The main computer is on the fritz again.  I am trying to put together the stories for Miss Peculiar's Haunting Tales, Volume III, and  of course, Metaphysical Attraction is only located on that hard drive. I have no patience for technology lately- it is stymying me left and right. I just want a place where I can go and work and not be annoyed by things that don't work which prevent me from accomplishing my work.

Always Christmas in My Heart received it's final approval from me this morning and should be available on Amazon.com in 3-5 days. 

Last night I was up until close to 12:30AM assembling the as yet unnamed book 3 of Christmas stories. Revere is such a loyal feline- he was with me in the kitchen for hours on end as I worked at the kitchen table on this project.  I am not as happy with the third volume as I should be. It's missing an inspirational story, and contains stories with more difficult events occurring in them. I really should buckle down and cough up an uplifting story before this gets printed. I'll have to see what I can do.

I have some corrections to make in books that are already available. They're small typos and comma issues mainly- commas always being a problem child for me, as well as my thing about not putting question marks at the ends of questions. What's with that? I seem to do it a lot. Maybe I'm just not that inquisitive? (Or I just don't want to know the answers!

Looking forward to vacation later this month.  I need a respite from day-to-day life. I need to rest and relax...something I rarely do. There is always so much going on in my head on so many levels. Some days I envision my brain as a multi-level parking garage where thought cars travel around and around looking for a space to park. Some thoughts careen around ramps, tires squealing and screeching to try to catch my attention. All the parked vehicles are stories already written, snuggly in their assigned spots. Everything else just keeps moving around through the garage levels looking for a place to park.

Sometimes, when I first get into bed at night, before I close my eyes, I see a kaleidoscope of human beings at the foot of the bed floating in midair- usually just heads or faces. They are very detailed and one face seems to morph into the next- like an entire cast of characters presenting itself in a surreal slide show. It doesn't last for long, so maybe it's just my brain flushing things out, but this has been happening for years. It's visually lyrical as the faces range from children to the elderly and seem to be multicultural as there is some clothing detail- hats, headdresses, collars with these faces- they aren't just floating heads!

At other times, I just lie there with characters running rampant through my brain trying to tell me their stories.  It is a struggle to quiet them down so that I can sleep. My brain is like a thriving city populated with millions of inhabitants and those inhabitants are all clamoring for me to tell their story. My brain needs to move to the country! But this isn't anything new. When I was a teenager and into my twenties I always went to bed with a notebook and a pen within reach, going so far as to grab them and write into he dark to put down an idea, or even a whole part of a story that popped into my head. I am still pretty adept at writing in complete darkness from all the practice I had years ago!

Today, I am tackling little things. I need a break from the chaos of the past three months. I need to work through my frustration with the computer issues. I'm happy to have my HP Stream with its sticker proclaiming "Work From a Happy Place" because it does make me happy to know that I have this at least, although I don't have all my stories on it. I also have my little Dell Netbook- the warhorse that has been my companion for three years or more. That little Dell has some of its letters worn right off the keys it has seen so much creative force.  I love it and it has a lot to work with still on it. My netbook and my notebook are my closest companions these days.

But not today.

Today is a recharge the human battery day.

No comments:

Post a Comment